Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
By using this Site you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these terms.
You will also be subject to any further terms and conditions which may be presented as you navigate this site. These too will be binding on you. By using this site, you also accept the binding nature of any variations which we may issue, whether you are specifically advised of these or not. You can obtain the latest set of terms by contacting us and this is also the email address for any of your queries.
It is a condition of your use of this site that you provide such details as we request, and that these are accurate in all respects. We reserve the right to disallow your use of this site if the particulars provided are materially inaccurate, whether this is your fault or not.
The contents of this site have full intellectual property protection. This means that you cannot copy or make use of any item covered by such rights without the express permission of the owner of such rights, details as to how to apply can be obtained by contacting us. In the absence of such permission, your right to copy or make use of any protected rights is limited to using such protected material solely for your own private use. In particular, you must not in any way seek to exploit or make use of your rights for any commercial purposes. To do so can lead to an injunction against you and a court award of damages.
Limitation of Liability
We are not liable at all for any loss or damage which you might incur through your use of this site in any way at all. This includes, but is not limited to, any damage to person or property which might arise. If, under the relevant law, we are so liable, then our liability cannot exceed the amount of any expense incurred by you in using this site.
The materials, information and opinions included and/or expressed in the forum or reviews are not held by us. We reserve the right to remove or modify any content without notice or liability at any time at our sole discretion. Use of the forums will be at your own risk and will be subject to the disclaimers and limitations on liability set out above.
Submission of Material
You are welcome to submit any material for our consideration. We should warn you, however, that we do not undertake to keep such material confidential, and we have the absolute right to make use of it in any way we choose without incurring any liability to you, whether in respect of payment or otherwise.
If we do actively seek a submission, you must ensure that your submissions comply with all relevant laws and you are advised to seek legal advice on advance. If our use of your submission results in any liability to us, you agree to make good all losses we incur of whatever nature.
In its widest sense, you agree that you will in no way abuse the online system, whether by way of spamming or in any other way. You may not reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource, or access to any resource, contained on this site. You are also prohibited from, again in its widest sense, undertaking any action which compromises the security of this or any other site, or that of any other user.
We shall be entitled to monitor your password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that we consider insecure, we will be entitled to require this to be changed and/or terminate your account.
Our Use of Content
If we make use of any content you provide to us, this will be subject to such terms as we may decide. Furthermore, you agree that you are fully liable for such content, and that you will make good to us, and fully indemnify us, for any loss or damage we may incur through the use of such material.
We take no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any sites which may be linked to this site.
The law applicable in all matters in relation to this site is the law of England and Wales, whose courts will have the sole jurisdiction to hear and settle any dispute.
Claims of Infringement
If you believe that any content appearing on this site infringes your intellectual property rights, please forward the following information in writing through our Contact Us Form or by post to:
31 Islington Green
2. Competitions are run by FILMCLUB Ltd of 31 Islington Green, Islington, London N1 8DU.
3. All Entrants must be UK residents
4. FILMCLUB Competitions are not open to employees or members of their immediate families or agents and anyone else connected with the promotion
5. Only one entry per person will be accepted
6. Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail or post and their first name will be published on the FILMCLUB website
7. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and FILMCLUB reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time
8. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into
9. You can find out who has won a competition after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with 'List of winners' and the name of the competition you are enquiring about in the in the subject line
10. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and publicity material as FILMCLUB may require
11. The prize may not be transferable to another person
12. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, FILMCLUB assumes that by entering the Competition and if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and FILMCLUB assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
14. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value
15. Photocopied, incomplete, defaced, damaged or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified
16. Responsibility will not be accepted for loss of any entries
18. FILMCLUB reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. FILMCLUB may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page
19. FILMCLUB will endeavour to send prizes within a month of notification of the competition end date but cannot guarantee delivery time
20. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, FILMCLUB at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules
21. FILMCLUB reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it has reasonable grounds to believe has breached any of the Rules of the Competition
You represent, warrant and agree that:
- you are the owner of all the rights in the content
No content submitted by you will:
- be defamatory, abusive or offensive
- infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of
any third party
- constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party
- advertise, promote or endorse any products or services
- adversely affect the reputation of FILMCLUB
- be false or misleading or omit information that should be disclosed by you or contain software viruses or any other computer code,
files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
Make sure that any necessary consent, waiver, clearance, licence or approval required for FILMCLUB to make use of the content has been obtained and that any fees or payments relating thereto have been paid; and you have not entered into, nor will you enter into, any agreement or arrangement which could conflict with your obligations to FILMCLUB under these terms and conditions.
You hereby indemnify FILMCLUB against any claims arising out of or in connection with any Content, including but not limited to a claim arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of the warranties set out above.
By entering the Competition, you agree to be named in the media and to participate in as many promotional and press activities.. Insurance FILMCLUB cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to Content or such Content's delivery materials, so you will be sending your delivery materials at your own risk.
In consideration of FILMCLUB permitting you to submit your content and enter the Competition, you grant to FILMCLUB, from the date of submission of your entry a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub- licensable right and licence in perpetuity to:
- use, host, reproduce, edit, publish, distribute, transmit and otherwise make use of the content or part thereof in any and all media and means of distribution now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to cinemas, linear television, television video on demand, multimedia distribution systems, the internet and mobile applications
- use any trade marks, service marks or trade names (e.g. brand names, logos) incorporated in the Content; and
- use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the Content.
In addition, you agree to waive all so-called "moral rights" to the content. (This is so we can, for example, showcase excerpts of your
Film alongside excerpts of other film makers' entries for promotions at a later date). You undertake to execute, or ensure the execution of,
whatever further documents FILMCLUB requires from time to time for the purpose of giving FILMCLUB the full benefit of this licence if your
Film is selected for the shortlist.
IMPORTANT: If you fail to produce the appropriate documentation upon request, your film will be removed from the FILMCLUB website and any FILMCLUB competitions it has been entered into.
- Terms & Conditions